Saturday, April 22, 2006

Exporing my town

It was my first weekend since I moved in to my apartment. Ian, who is also my officemate, started moving in to his apartment which is just below mine. How convenient!

Vince drove here again this weekend from Chicago. After doing groceries, we decided to have a small barbeque since the weather was nice. So Vince bought chicken fillets and kebabs. With the $3 bbq that we bought, it took us an hour or so to get the stuff done haha! At first, it seemed that it couldn't cook the food and Vince almost bought a $20 one. But, oh well, we just waited and it turned out ok.

Last Easter weekend, our good friend, Mark visited us too. He lives in Columbus, about an hour away from Miamisburg. He has a pick-up car and it helped us carry all those groceries and stuff that we have to buy for our apartments. We looked for a good bar nearby and we tried at Charley's which is a good restaurant naman. Though it was Good Friday, we drank beers pa rin but I stayed away from meat. Haha!

On Saturday, we went to the Dayton Mall hoping to find a good place to have lunch. Pero we ended up in their food court and ate Taco bell (miss ko na rin to). It was actually a big mall with lots of stores na gusto kong pasukin. Pero I wasn't really in the mood to go around kasi wala akong pera. Haha! They had this picture taking with the Easter bunny for the kids, too.

After the mall, Vince and I went to look for a coin laundry. Though, I have done this already with him in Chicago, I was actually having fun doing this kasi ang bilis talaga ng mga washers and dryers. Tapos ang galing pa maglaba ni Vince haha! Sanay na sanay!

At night, we just decided to order Donato's pizza and wings because we got tired from the getting stuff done with our apartments. We drank beers in our hotels (we were staying in our hotel pa back then) until early morning. Mark was drinking so fast, we couldn't keep up with him.

So ayun, Easter Sunday, we decided to attend the 1230 am mass at St. Henry's church. We weren't able to make the 11am mass and so while we still have time for the next mass, we had breafast first at Bob Evan's. I really like having breakfast sa restaurants kasi I like their breakfast menus. Last weekend Vince and I also went to have breakfast at Perkin's and had a hearty meal of omelette with french toast and hasbrowns. And this time at Bob's, I ordered for an omelette again and biscuit and gravy. So, see, puro kain talaga ako tapos inom pa. Ano ba to!

And after the Saturday bbq, Vince and I went to watch a movie. It was also near our place and at Best Buy where Vince got my tv and his new laptop (hmpfh! hehe!). I won't say what movie kasi walang kuwenta. Hahaha! But I had a few laughs pa rin.
In any case, what I really wanted was just this big cherry coke, huge popcorn and nachos with cheese and jalapenos. So, that wraps up my exploration... of food and drinks haha!

2 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger gwenny14 said...

Wow!!!! At home ka na :) Isteytsayd living, pa mall-mall na lang. :) See ya!

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Leng said...

Yeah, kita tayo dito minsan, gwenny. Pag mapadpad ka ulit sa Ohio! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home