Thursday, April 13, 2006

Sweet Home Chicago

Before finally going to Ohio for my first project, I was able to drop by at Chicago again. Everything happened so fast, passed the client interview, packed my stuff (I knew I needed a box, not to mention the 2 luggages that I have), flown out the next day.

I remembered I just visited Chicago last weekend to attend Vince's bball friend's wedding. We were late in the reception but we're still able to have dinner. I'm not sure if this was the first time I've attended in US. Apparently, if you want to give cash as a gift, your gauge is like the cost of having the dinner by yourselves (so mga $100).

We were also able to witness Chuck's and Jeanine's new house which I call a mansion. It's really huge!!! They just started moving in their furnitures and stuff. They have 2 living rooms, 1 with a fireplace, a dining room, an office room, a sleek kitchen with top and bottom ovens, 1 huge master bedroom with 2 walk-in closets, the master's bathroom has 2 sinks, a lovely bathtub with a big window pa, 3 guest rooms, a bonus room with a 50+ inch tv! and much more.


Don't leave Chicago without hanging out to a bar with your friends. We went to Saloon on a Saturday, an Asian night party. I met with some of my closest and old time friends Gwen, Lianne and Layla. Gwen's blogsite shows a group picture of us. We drank and danced for hours. It was really been a while since my last clubbing. I was also able to hangout with Enrico, Allan and Vince's sister Lia at a bar in Lincoln Park. It was so nice catching up with old friends.

Two of my favorite restaurants in Chicago are Singha (Thai) and Chipotle (Mexican). I loved Singha's beef basil beef and Chipotle's Burrito Bol (with spicy beef slices). I was also able to hang out with Tony, Vince's dad at Monk's before going to Ohio. It was also timely, Brent was in Chicago for work.


Also, before going to Ohio, Layla visited me at Vince's apartment. We had a good talk about her love life.

Hopefully, my next project will be in Chicago. Despite the cold weather and the wind, my heart will still remain here (besides from Manila, of course!). Well, it's just a 4 hour drive from Ohio anyways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home