Thursday, April 20, 2006

Let there be light!

It's my first night to move in to my new apartment. There are only few times when unpacking is fun and this is one of those times.

After 2 and a half hours of putting my things in their right places, I felt hungry. I didn't plan on cooking (besides there's really nothing to cook haha!) since I'm getting tired and so I just grabbed a pack of instant noodles that I bought from Manila (Nissin's ramen) for an easy satisfaction. As I was trying to toast a bagel (it couldn't fit in my toaster, imagine!), after the noodles were cooked, viola! Lights went out! At first I thought I broke the circuits of my apartment because of my cheap toaster. I should've chosen a more expensive one and that can fit a bagel. And so I hurried to my balcony and checked the neighbors. Lo and behold! All the lights were out in the whole apartment complex of Hidden Lakes. What a disaster! I heard people say that this is the first time they experienced it. People were out in the streets, tried to get hold of Mike, our maintenance guy, some drove off to eat out and drink, and me, all alone, soaked inside the apartment. What made it worse is I left my cellphone in my hotel and can only get it back until tomorrow. What a bummer! So, there I was, having a candle-light dinner, with noodles and untoasted bagels, in my newly rented dining table, with placemats from Greenhills (which I really like, btw). Never did I thought these scented candles would be my guiding lights in these darkest hours.

It's more than an hour or 2 now and there seems to be no signs yet. So much for my excitement of moving in. But come to think of it, I still feel excited! What can be more exciting than this? I'm all alone, no cellphone, no internet, no tv, but I'm here...in my new humble apartment! And I can fall asleep very well with lights out...but then...there came light!

2 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger allan said...

never thought you had new updates... i will start reading the new entries by today...

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Leng said...

Hi Allan! I always read your blog. Kakaaliw! kaw tlaga!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home